The Presto 16-Inch Electric Foldaway Skillet is made of heavy cast aluminum that is non-stick on both the exterior and interior.
It can reach temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The pan measures approximately 16 x 12 x 2.75 inches on the interior and has a built-in spout that helps with venting, pouring, and serves as a spoon rest.
The lid is made of tempered glass, and the handles stay cool so you can handle them without oven mitts.
The Electric Foldaway Skillet gets its name from how easy it is to store.
You can detach the handles and base, and then nest them in the pan.
The pan and cover are dishwasher safe.
Just be sure to remove the heat control.
Presto backs the skillet with a 1-year limited warranty.
Consumer Search liked that this skillet is large enough to serve a big family, cooks as well as a stovetop pan, and it heats easily and quickly.
Daring Abroad appreciated that the skillet is easy to clean, heats evenly, stores easily, and has a clever design.
However, the reviewer noted that there was a dark crust formation near the burner.
The Electric Foldaway Skillet has more than 1,600 five-star reviews on Amazon.
Lynn DeBolt gave the skillet five stars because of the even cooking, the easy pouring and venting provided by the built-in spout, and that the clean-up was effortless.
Other buyers echoed these comments.
Some people mentioned that the skillet does an excellent job of maintaining a steady temperature for long periods of time.
Others were impressed with how to level the cooking surface is, which lends itself well to making pancakes and crepes.
One Customer said about it:
”I use an electric skillet almost daily, instead of cooking on my stove top. It’s just cleaner and easier that making a mess in skillets or pans, having to clean the stove and surrounding counter tops, pan, etc. Any way, I’ve been through several electric skillets in the last 20 years. Assorted brands and sizes. Here is what I LOVE about this one.
- Cooks very evenly. That said, there is absolutely a ring that gets hotter directly over the heating element that you will notice when making sauces or gravy, etc. But it does heat much more consistently throughout the pan basin than others I have used.
- SUPER easy to clean. Just unsnap the base and the whole skillet goes into the dishwater.
- Has a pour spout on one side. You can rest a spoon there also. FAB!
- Nice and deep. Holds a large capacity of whatever you are preparing. You can cook several different things at the same time.
- The base folds up and stores inside the pan. Put in the power cord, flip the lid upside down and it does not take up much cabinet space at all.
I have had this for about 6 weeks and have used it at least 30 times. So far, so fantastic.”
- Read More: Top 5 Best Electric Skillets of 2020